Name:
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia, United States

I am a Southern gal married to a stud. We live in the Burg and love to be outdoors and do fun things. We are children of the King and sometimes we even live like it!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Welcome

Welcome to our site! Hopefully this will help us keep up with everyone and help everyone keep up with us. Eventually we will probably each have our own blog, but I don't think Whitney's ready for it yet.

So... What in the world is going on with us Hales? Well we are still in Lynchburg, Virginia. Whitney has three (Lord-willing) semesters of school left at Liberty. She is currently an English major, and she hopes to become a high school English teacher. This was the case last time we talked about it. I could be wrong, because her plans seem to change every other week. I try to keep her feet on the ground and remind her that sky diving isn't for everyone. She is really loving her classes though, and I really think this plan is a keeper.

I am still working at Liberty. The fact that Whitney's school gets paid for because I work for the school is definitely a blessing and relief for us. I am working in the IT (Information Technology) department as a technical trainer and support specialist. Basically, I teach the staff at Liberty how to use various computer programs. It's a very interesting job, and I really enjoy the people that I work with. I feel like the experience that I am gaining at Liberty will be vital for wherever we end up.

So where are we going to end up?!!?! Well this is an area where we have to truly rely on God. It is so easy to make our own plans and think that we have decided what is best for our futures. We have to remember that God doesn't always agree with that, and He always gets His way. In other words, nothing is set in stone yet. We have been praying about a few different options, and that God would close the necessary doors over the next year to help affirm our decision. Please pray for us as we venture towards this next chapter in our lives. This is very scary for me, because this is pretty much the first time in my life where I have to make a choice about where I go. So needless to say, we need wisdom!

As you may already know, we have a new addition in the family. NO! Not that kind of addition. We have a puppy now! She is a miniature dachshund, and her name is Nikki. She is very stubborn, and is teaching me how short my temper really is. Thank goodness we are doing this before we have kids, because I think we will be better prepared. But for now, I see it as good birth control. She is an incredible addition to our lives and is making things much more fun and interesting around the house.
How great is she??
She looks innocent but don't be deceived. Things will never be the same after those first three dreadful nights.


Well I hope that you all will visit this blog often and keep up with us, and we will do our best to keep it up to date!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice guys, we have you bookmarked. Keep us updated! Now that you have practice with the puppy...
Love you all! Ben, Jess and Gabe

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, don't respond to that free porn invitation. Who do you guys deal with anyway? So I guess this blogging is cool even though you guys have definitely been pulled into craziness! I'm still against them, but I'll read yours. And like Emily's b/c France stuff is interesting. And one other friend. But that is ALL!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home