Technology vs. Literature
So, Jed thinks I'm "slow" technologically and I'm here to prove I am BUT he stinks at literature so we're pretty much even.
We have been incredibly busy these past few weeks but I am now officially committed to updating this thing on a regular basis (which does NOT mean every day). I spent Spring Break with my family in Colorado and it was amazing! It was good to "relax" and be with everyone. It's so good to say that I really LOVE to be with my family. We skiied Copper Mountain for 4 days and once I came back, it was back to paper-writing and church-singing and of course our unbelievable social life (that, my friends, is sarcasm). Poor Jed has been in training quite a bit at work but has still found time to teach Nikki tricks. We are currently planning our summer which includes summer school for me (woot woot!), Janna and Adam's wedding here in the Burg, a week in Memphis (beginning the 7th of July for you OB planners), and relaxing in the sun. I've got spring fevah and I'm ready for summer.
So last but not least, a book blurb (the best part of me doing a blog for today). You must all buy Anne Lamott's Traveling Mercies. She is an incredible author and has many interesting perspectives into Christianity. For those of you that hate Christian liberalism, give it a try anyways. In Dad's words, "The book is proof that there is grace for the Christian pharisee AND for the Christian liberal". I love this book and her body image chapter entitled "aunties" (which, by the way, is what she has fondly named her buttcheeks) is a great insight into body image issues.
We have been incredibly busy these past few weeks but I am now officially committed to updating this thing on a regular basis (which does NOT mean every day). I spent Spring Break with my family in Colorado and it was amazing! It was good to "relax" and be with everyone. It's so good to say that I really LOVE to be with my family. We skiied Copper Mountain for 4 days and once I came back, it was back to paper-writing and church-singing and of course our unbelievable social life (that, my friends, is sarcasm). Poor Jed has been in training quite a bit at work but has still found time to teach Nikki tricks. We are currently planning our summer which includes summer school for me (woot woot!), Janna and Adam's wedding here in the Burg, a week in Memphis (beginning the 7th of July for you OB planners), and relaxing in the sun. I've got spring fevah and I'm ready for summer.
So last but not least, a book blurb (the best part of me doing a blog for today). You must all buy Anne Lamott's Traveling Mercies. She is an incredible author and has many interesting perspectives into Christianity. For those of you that hate Christian liberalism, give it a try anyways. In Dad's words, "The book is proof that there is grace for the Christian pharisee AND for the Christian liberal". I love this book and her body image chapter entitled "aunties" (which, by the way, is what she has fondly named her buttcheeks) is a great insight into body image issues.

3 Comments:
I HATE blogs but you have a point... this is a great way to let people know what's up when you don't have the time to sit and write a personal email or letter or make a phone call to everyone! So, I guess you have a fan!
Yeh, Anne Lamott is a GREAT writer...even if she is a nut. Aren't we all though? I just finished one of her novels "Blue Shoes". I'm ploughing through all her stuff. It'll be fun to "check in" on you guys and hear how you all are doing :0) Thanks for passing on the link. And HEAR, HEAR for spring to get it's rear in gear!! It's WELL time for some warmth on the east coast. Ugh, so sick of these March snow flurries!
Love,
Amy
Whit! This is a really good idea! I'll have something to look at now while I'm work.....I miss you guys so much! Oh yeah, ya'll are coming the 7th? I think we leave that Monday for RYM.....that stinks. That just means that we'll have to hang out that weekend before.
Longing to see your beautiful face......rox
Post a Comment
<< Home