Congratulations Ashley!

That's my sister Ashley up above. Yesterday she was accepted into Colorado State University's childhood education program. This is a selective process (application and interview) and all she's wanted to do so it's a good thing she got in. We were kind of worried, she has absolutely no personality and nothing to offer a program like this. Ha! She's amazing with kids, LOVES being with them, and deserves this all the way. I used to think that everyone could do something like this. I mean, everyone pretty much loves kids BUT as much as I love kids, I get quite impatient with them after awhile and FRUSTRATED. Ashley, on the other hand, understands them a bit better and is so patient! Yay for Ashley!
Congratulations also to Jennifer Prather, a good friend from high school who just had little Adelyn on Thursday. Addy is beautiful and in good health and we're all thankful for a safe delivery!
I feel like this is a shout-out wall now.
Welp, we are quite busy around here lately. Jed got back from a week-long work trip in Orlando last night and he was royally missed by both Nikki and me. Today Hillary gets in to stay with us for awhile (Hill is Wes' girlfriend~Wes is Jed's brother who lives here in the Burg too). It will be fun to see her and hang out. School keeps me on my toes and Jed's learning the ropes of his new position. We also have Janna's wedding coming up and are excited about having a cook-out for her with all of her friends. We are pumped about this summer and ready to see everyone in Memphis but have a LOT of work to do before we leave. (That is the shortened version of what we are up to.)
God has been so faithful in providing for us and we are so thankful. Our families are safe, we have food in our apartment, friends next door, free school with Jed's job, Jed has amazing co-workers, we have an amazing gospel-trusting community at our church, we have wonderful friends, and clothes on our backs. I get so down thinking about all the things we DON'T have sometimes and it's pitiful. I could write the next book in the series, The Self-Driven Life. I seem to have the "whiny child disorder" and yet I have a father who is the Ruler of all things and a king! I am forgiven of an unending debt (which makes it really sad that true repentence rarely appears in my self-driven life) and He has called me out of darkness into His light in the midst of this!
SO CONGRATULATIONS ASHY~

1 Comments:
Thanks for the super large post...I miss ya'll and am jealous of hillary for being there!
Post a Comment
<< Home