Name:
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia, United States

I am a Southern gal married to a stud. We live in the Burg and love to be outdoors and do fun things. We are children of the King and sometimes we even live like it!

Friday, July 28, 2006

Fresh Books

So I finished Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner. It takes place in Kabul and is such a good read. This guy is a doctor here in America but grew up in Kabul so knows first-hand how it is there. Jed is possibly going with his Dad in May and the book did NOT help at all with my feelings about him being in Afghanistan but hey, my mother-in-law sends her hubby all the time (there's a NICS school in Kabul) so I have nothing to complain about. Anyways, it helped me understand the war better!

NOW I'm reading a bit of a lighter book, David Sedaris's Me Talk Pretty One Day. He's an incredible writer, a homosexual, and a complete riot. He has me laughing my head off! Seriously, he writes books of short story/essay type writings and everyone must read him. At least google him and read "Go Carolina". It will have you addicted. Actually here's the link to that story. http://www.twbookmark.com/books/49/0316777722/chapter_excerpt10135.html Out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok - That was hysterical!! What does it say about me that I was in speech therapy in first grade? I even remember the tire hissing "sssssss". I actually liked my sessions, but of course I wasn't a guy hiding "Cothmos" under a "Thporth Illuthrated".

9:55 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

the kite runner is MY FAVORITE book! I loved loved loved it. We read it a few months ago for my book club. :)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Munchkin had a fever on Saturday night and we had a family bday party yesterday, I was sad not to go to the picnic! I'll see you in a couple weeks, we leave for atlanta on Wednesday.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home