Call to Prayer
Laurie McCauley, a friend in our church has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and has taken a turn for the worst. She is a mother of 5 from ages 9 to 22 and is a legend in our community here in the Burg. Her "dying" wish is to see her daughter, Lauren, united with Adam, her fiance and they have moved their wedding from Nov. 3 to today. This will be a huge event (350 guests at least) and we are going to live it up! Please pray with us for healing for Laurie and for a glorious wedding this evening. This came from Greg, her husband. Please pray the prayer if you are able.
Dear Redeemer family & friends of Laurie McCauley,For those of you who feel compelled by the Spirit of God to continue to pray for Laurie, may I suggest that you consider praying this attached prayer? It was composed by a friend...a dear woman of God. I have wanted to put such a prayer together for all of the individuals and churches who continue telling us that they are praying for Laurie. However, lacking time I had produced nothing to share with all of you. I went to bed on April 30th rather disappointed that I had once again failed to communicate with you my heart's cry for my wife. I awoke around 5:00 in the morning to find this prayer in Laurie's email inbox. I have entitled it Rhonda's prayer, after its author (though I knew as soon as I read it Who the author really was...).Please pray it and do so boldly. Knowing this, that we will never be ashamed for asking God to do what He in His sovereignty chooses not to do (wise counsel from my pastor, Mike Sharrett). Ask, seek, knock, believe, trust... Is anything too difficult for the Lord? (Gen. 18:14)Know also that Laurie is at peace with death, as am I. Her countenance, aside from her pain (which is mostly under control now that hospice is being administered), is as it has always been... full of grace and full of beauty.And lastly, I continue to ask that we fast on Mondays (not just for Laurie, but for all the afflicted of body, soul and spirit.) Perhaps we may uncover a spiritual discipline that is sadly lacking in the American evangelical church.Thank you for your prayers. But please, pray boldly. You will not be ashamed. And He will be glorified.In your debt...Laurie's husband and humble head,Greg McCauley
In the Mighty Name of Jesus, I cry out for You, Jehovah Raphi, to heal Laurie McCauley!!!!
You are the God Who created heaven and earth......Is anything too difficult for You, God??
You are the God Who loves the impossible......to show forth Your great power......to keep the "arm of flesh" from sharing Your glory.
We cry out to you in the Name that is above every name, Jesus.......I intercede for my sister, Laurie.
We know that many would scoff at us trusting in You to heal when Laurie's situation appears hopeless.......saying don't raise false hope,But I am reminded of stories of Elijah and Elisha, of Naaman, and of Lazarus.........Did you put accounts as these in Your Word, O God to raise "false hope??"
You have said in Your Word that those who trust in You will not be ashamed. Yet, it is hard to trust you when the physical evidence is screaming so loudly. Increase our faith, Lord. We cry out for you to deliver Laurie from this cancer. We want to be counted in the rare numbers of those like Lazarus's sister, Martha, to whom You said, "If you will believe, you will 'see the glory of God' ". God, the world is shaking their heads and calling us crazy to ask you for a miracle, but we KNOW You are able. My prayer is Ephesians 1: 18-20........that "the eyes of our understanding would be enlightened; that we may know what is the ......exceeding greatness of Your power toward Laurie and Greg who believe, according to the working of Your mighty power which You worked in Christ when You raised Him from the deadAs Jesus did during his days of testing in the wilderness, we come against our enemy, Satan, with the Living Word. Satan, you are a defeated foe. Your power to "kill and steal and destroy" crumbles at the Name of Jesus!!!!You say, "Laurie's lymph nodes are full of cancer", but we declare, "by Jesus' stripes, she is healed."You say, "It's too late," but we say, "nothing is impossible for those who believe."You say, "God doesn't still heal today,"But we say, according to God's Word, "He is the same, yesterday, today and forever." Satan whispers in our ear, "You're a fool to believe such nonsense......"We choose instead to believe Matt 8:16, 17......"He cast out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: 'He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sickness.""And we bless You, Lord, O my soul, Who forgives all our sins, Who heals Laurie of all her diseases, Who redeems her life from destruction." You are still Jehovah Raphi, the Lord who heals. Pour out Your healing power on Laurie McCauley even now as she reads this. We receive the truth of Your Word and we choose to believe the truth of it more than we believe the negative reports. O God, our hope is in You.....Where can we go but to You? We trust in Your Word. Strengthen Laurie and Greg.....calm their fears and replace discouragement with faith. Let them know how many people are bringing them to Your throne and how many people love them.In the Mighty Name of Jesus, I intercede and thank You in advance for what You are going to do.Amen
Dear Redeemer family & friends of Laurie McCauley,For those of you who feel compelled by the Spirit of God to continue to pray for Laurie, may I suggest that you consider praying this attached prayer? It was composed by a friend...a dear woman of God. I have wanted to put such a prayer together for all of the individuals and churches who continue telling us that they are praying for Laurie. However, lacking time I had produced nothing to share with all of you. I went to bed on April 30th rather disappointed that I had once again failed to communicate with you my heart's cry for my wife. I awoke around 5:00 in the morning to find this prayer in Laurie's email inbox. I have entitled it Rhonda's prayer, after its author (though I knew as soon as I read it Who the author really was...).Please pray it and do so boldly. Knowing this, that we will never be ashamed for asking God to do what He in His sovereignty chooses not to do (wise counsel from my pastor, Mike Sharrett). Ask, seek, knock, believe, trust... Is anything too difficult for the Lord? (Gen. 18:14)Know also that Laurie is at peace with death, as am I. Her countenance, aside from her pain (which is mostly under control now that hospice is being administered), is as it has always been... full of grace and full of beauty.And lastly, I continue to ask that we fast on Mondays (not just for Laurie, but for all the afflicted of body, soul and spirit.) Perhaps we may uncover a spiritual discipline that is sadly lacking in the American evangelical church.Thank you for your prayers. But please, pray boldly. You will not be ashamed. And He will be glorified.In your debt...Laurie's husband and humble head,Greg McCauley
In the Mighty Name of Jesus, I cry out for You, Jehovah Raphi, to heal Laurie McCauley!!!!
You are the God Who created heaven and earth......Is anything too difficult for You, God??
You are the God Who loves the impossible......to show forth Your great power......to keep the "arm of flesh" from sharing Your glory.
We cry out to you in the Name that is above every name, Jesus.......I intercede for my sister, Laurie.
We know that many would scoff at us trusting in You to heal when Laurie's situation appears hopeless.......saying don't raise false hope,But I am reminded of stories of Elijah and Elisha, of Naaman, and of Lazarus.........Did you put accounts as these in Your Word, O God to raise "false hope??"
You have said in Your Word that those who trust in You will not be ashamed. Yet, it is hard to trust you when the physical evidence is screaming so loudly. Increase our faith, Lord. We cry out for you to deliver Laurie from this cancer. We want to be counted in the rare numbers of those like Lazarus's sister, Martha, to whom You said, "If you will believe, you will 'see the glory of God' ". God, the world is shaking their heads and calling us crazy to ask you for a miracle, but we KNOW You are able. My prayer is Ephesians 1: 18-20........that "the eyes of our understanding would be enlightened; that we may know what is the ......exceeding greatness of Your power toward Laurie and Greg who believe, according to the working of Your mighty power which You worked in Christ when You raised Him from the deadAs Jesus did during his days of testing in the wilderness, we come against our enemy, Satan, with the Living Word. Satan, you are a defeated foe. Your power to "kill and steal and destroy" crumbles at the Name of Jesus!!!!You say, "Laurie's lymph nodes are full of cancer", but we declare, "by Jesus' stripes, she is healed."You say, "It's too late," but we say, "nothing is impossible for those who believe."You say, "God doesn't still heal today,"But we say, according to God's Word, "He is the same, yesterday, today and forever." Satan whispers in our ear, "You're a fool to believe such nonsense......"We choose instead to believe Matt 8:16, 17......"He cast out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: 'He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sickness.""And we bless You, Lord, O my soul, Who forgives all our sins, Who heals Laurie of all her diseases, Who redeems her life from destruction." You are still Jehovah Raphi, the Lord who heals. Pour out Your healing power on Laurie McCauley even now as she reads this. We receive the truth of Your Word and we choose to believe the truth of it more than we believe the negative reports. O God, our hope is in You.....Where can we go but to You? We trust in Your Word. Strengthen Laurie and Greg.....calm their fears and replace discouragement with faith. Let them know how many people are bringing them to Your throne and how many people love them.In the Mighty Name of Jesus, I intercede and thank You in advance for what You are going to do.Amen

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home