Name:
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia, United States

I am a Southern gal married to a stud. We live in the Burg and love to be outdoors and do fun things. We are children of the King and sometimes we even live like it!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ui-jung-bu

Alright...so this begins Korea. Wesley, Jed and I spend around 24 hours traveling there and then 24 back and we had 3 full days in Korea. These pictures start day three. We seem to have somehow lost pictures of the first 2 days. I think I will cry if I cannot recover them but I'm working on that. The third day started with a subway trip to Ui-jung-bu. This is where the boys were raised. We were able to see so much in a few hours and I loved being with the guys and hearing their stories.

This was taken in front of the army base. Mom Hale used to take the boys to visit American stores on the base but over the years, the rules have gotten more strict and now, we couldn't even get in. Here is the beloved school/house. The top floor is where the Hale boys were raised and the lower levels consisted of classrooms that made up the school. This was the first NICS school!

This was the playground that the boys used to play on as kids. It is located down the road from their old house and school. They said it used to be all sand when they were kids but of course, they've paved it. Aren't they precious?
Me and hubby. I love him.
Jed and Wesley remembering stuff like crazy. I had so much fun listening to stories. These boys were awful on these streets as kids!

Had to get an infamous walking picture. I thought the streets were pretty sweet. Note how small the lanes are and we didn't see one wreck while we were there. The cab drivers are pros!
Jed's best friend Blake lived in Korea after Jed left and this was his family's house. Pretty sweet huh?

zy

3 Comments:

Blogger debbie stump said...

Wow Whit, those pictures are great! Sounds like y'all had a blast. I am so jealous........ :)

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whit! It looks like ya'll had a blast in Korea....I'm so happy that the whole family got to be there together! I promise we will talk soon....I want to hear more stories about your trip, and life, and everything! (ok, I'm going crazy with the !!) Oh, yeah, I'm attempting to start up a blog of our own....not much to it yet. I love you!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay time to upload the new pics with your new fancy camera :)

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home